Proposed Start Date: Immediately
WHAT IS STARFISH?
Starfish is a co-working space and startup incubator with a focus on emerging technologies. Started in April of 2018, we have grown into a hub for the local Bay Area blockchain and "decentralized web" community. We have over 35 companies that are members of our co-working space, run 3-5 emerging technology-focused events per week and have an incubator offering for new startups. Starfish is located in the Mid-Market area of San Francisco, in a historic building with high ceilings, exposed brick walls and wooden beams. The Starfish HQ space doubles as an event venue and occasional art gallery. It features a large central atrium co-working area, multiple meeting rooms, a podcast room and roof access. Learn more about us at www.starfishcommunity.com.
The Marketing & Social Media Intern supports our team on the day-to-day management and growth of Starfish’s social media presence and marketing presence across numerous channels and brand engagement in alignment with brand voice, business strategies and audience objectives.
• Assist with creating Facebook marketing campaigns
• Assist with the management of several social media accounts
• Create or assist with the creation of content - writing, taking pictures or videos
• Attend industry events, workshops, and panels to represent Starfish in the wider community
• Tell the Starfish story in a fun, engaging way
• Support the community management of our public communication groups
• Learn a lot about marketing, communications, the blockchain industry and the nuts and bolts of the co-working industry
The ideal intern is/has:
• A deep interest in emerging technologies
• Passion for supporting the local startup community
• A fast learner with a passion for problem-solving
• An excellent communicator
• Positive and engaging personality
• Outstanding design and presentation skills
• Social media savvy
(preferably) has a background in communications, marketing or a related field
• Bonus - skilled with photography and video-ing
Marketing & Social Media Interns work alongside their assigned mentor and the internship coordinator, who also both supervise the intern task lists. Training will be provided by the assigned mentor and any mentor-approved member. Our goal is to train you to become equipped to take a leadership position in this role after the end of your internship.
We require at least 15 to 20 hours per week of in-person work at Starfish (@ 1535 Mission St, SoMa) for you to get the most out of your internship. Internship hours do not include event attendance, unless notified otherwise. Specific hours must be designated and agreed upon with your mentor beforehand.
Interns have free access to the co-working space, podcast room, meeting rooms (when available) and its amenities; receive free training to open themselves to future opportunities in a new, developing industry; access to free tickets to conferences (when available). This internship is unpaid. You must coordinate with your school to receive college credit or transcript recognition. If you are more experienced, please apply to our listing for a Marketing & Social Media Assistant (part-time).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or LinkedIn, and a paragraph about why you feel this is a fit.