• Talk 1: Privacy and Security around Blockchains (Hart Montgomery, Fujitsu/Hyperledger TSC)
• Talk 2: Document Timestamping and Proofs of Existence (Wayne Vaughan)
About the Host
Starfish Mission is a co-working space for the Blockchain Community to gather, work and learn together in San Francisco. They are hosting both established blockchain startups and companies and small teams at the ideation or development stage. (https://www.starfish.network/)
Talk 1: Privacy and Security around Blockchains
Hart Montgomery will talk about privacy and security around blockchains. He'll also go in-depth on how to use Hyperledger tools to achieve these requirements.
About the Speaker
Hart Montgomery is a cryptographic researcher at Fujitsu where he spends his time coming up with new cryptographic protocols for practical applications. He is also a member of Hyperledger’s Technical Steering Committee (TSC). The TSC is a group of community-elected developers drawn from a pool of active participants and is a core element of Hyperledger’s Open Governance model. The TSC is responsible for all technical decisions – from which features to add, how to add them and when, among others.
Talk 2: Document Timestamping and Proofs of Existence
Wayne Vaughan from Tierion will provide insights on using blockchain networks to anchor data and create timestamp proofs.
He will also cover the many use cases of such an approach including:
• Creating immutable timestamps and audit histories for business documents, processes, and any form of digital data
• Establishing proofs of existence accounting records and verifying accuracy of financial records
• Facilitating credential issuance and verification (IDs, awards, educational credits, and more)
• Allowing for increased regulatory compliance by providing proof that data and documents have not been altered
NOTE: It's noteworthy to mention that at the recent Consensus hackathon in New York, a team of developers won with a project that featured a supply chain application that leveraged Hyperledger and Chainpoint.
About the Speaker
Wayne Vaughan is Co-Founder and CEO of Tierion, a company that creates technology and products that reduce the cost and complexity of trust. He brings twenty years of software and product design experience including the founding of a digital agency in the mid-90s and the creation of one of the first SaaS marketing automation platforms. Wayne also serves on the Advisory Board of Blockchain Capital.